Thursday, October 8, 2009

1st Dress Fitting...

Not sure of this pic's link, but isn't the lace pretty? *swoons*

I was in KL last weekend with the mission to get the wedding invitation cards out of my To-Do list. Also to attend a friend's wedding (now that I am getting married, I would want to attend all the weddings there is).

Oh, I also went for the first fitting on the dress to be worn during the majlis bertandang in KL. I like it very much!! I went to visit the butik for the first time couple of months ago and I showed her the design that I would like her to make for me, and promised to come back some time after raya for her to take my measurement.

Then mana tau when I went to the butik, the lady took out the dress - a cream colored songket with gold lace (the theme is go traditional for majlis bertandang) which is 90% ready only to sew the beads on the lace. I raked my mind and thought hard whether I had my measurement taken on my first visit? Then the lady said during the first visit she agak-agak my size, and came up with that dress according to the design that I presented upon her. Wah. Not sure, is it a good thing or a bad thing? That she agak-agak my size? But weirdly enough, the dress sort-of fit me perfectly like a glove. Just a few alterations to be made on the wrists and waist.

OK la tu kak, next month I come again to see the final outcome. Anyway I really respect this lady, she is so professional and patient, a pleasant person to deal with. On my first visit I thought she would be a bit arrogant cuz I always see her advert in the monthly Pengantin mag... but I thought wrong! And she charges reasonable price too, I mean, really reasonable.

My dress on my side of the reception? Errr...bought the lace at Euro Moda in KL, now am about to buy the lining and my target is to send it to the tailor here in Penang by this weekend! Can't stand the panic whenever I think about my dress! Just want to get it out of the way and get it over and done with.

1 comment:

  1. kalau lah u pakai this pretty dress??? uhuuuhuhu.. cantiknya....:D

    ReplyDelete