I never knew the game netball can be quite fun. I only wish I have the basic knowledge of the game's rules and skills then maybe I might be able to enjoy it more. Well, it's just that I have been attending the firm's weekly netball training to prepare the team for the upcoming annual MICPASS games. For those who might not know, MICPASS is an annual tournament of various games and competitions for all the accounting firms in Penang. Yeah, it is to prove that us accountants are able to put other body parts into use apart then our calculator-crunching fingers.
So... I attend the netball training though seriously, I know jacksh!+ about the game, other than the fact that the ball is orange in colour. Though come to think I might also be rather mistaken about that, cuz lately during training I saw there is this one other ball which is a combination of the colour white, red and blue. Anyway though I might not be in the primary team for the game, more likely a Reserve due to my unskillfulness, it feels nice to be able to play such an interesting and challenging game. I was told by the trainer that netball is the hardest ball game to play. Unlike basketball where you can simply wack and belasah ajer asal masuk net. Hm, then why haven't I play the game before? In secondary school maybe, since I find it an interesting game to play? Hah, blame it on my school!!! The school which makes its students bury their heads in books to excel in their studies, and worry not about anything else in the outside world other than getting A's in their exams.
On another note, I met up with a primary school friend whom I have lost contact with since like, 14 years ago? On this one fine day I was very free and got nothing to do, and tried to type in all (almost) of my school friends' names in the Facebook/ Friendster search and was able to find some primary school friends. Among them is my dear friend Loke Phei Ling.
So to cut the story short, we have arranged to meet up today over a cup of coffee. Though very excited, at first I was a bit anxious about the meeting since we haven't meet up for sooo long! What did we use to talk about in school? What would we talk about later?
But fortunately it went very well. There were so many things to talk about. Childhood memories, updating each other on what happened after we left primary school in 1994, about current life and future plans. Phei Ling has such good memories! She was telling me how she bumped into a few of our schoolmates years after we had left school and was able to recognize their face. And also she was telling me how I looked totally different from before, apparently I have lost a lot of weight. To prove that, she took out a photograph of myself taken somewhere 11 years ago which she has got into possession of as we used to write letters to each other for a couple of years while in secondary school and I happened to give her a picture of mine during that period of time. Hah I looked so horrible in the picture :P So...round! :D
Anyway I hope we can hang around again. At least I have someone to hang out with in Penang. All is because I am friendless in Penang!! And we plan to hold a small reunion of Class Of '94 in the near future :)
On the other hand, I am sure you all know that the cupcake frenzy has taken over Malaysia for more than a couple of years ago and the madness is getting more intense over the days. Cupcakes are replacing the 5-tier wedding cakes, birthday cakes, wedding doorgifts, etc. The patterns are so cute and creative that they will catch anyone's attention. And the prices are pretty affordable as well.
I am thinking of trying to bake some. Might come in handy in the future :) Mana la tau nanti-nanti nak bake anak punya birthday cake ke? :) Uhh...jauhnya saya memandang ke hadapan :p
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment