Happy Halloween everyone. Even though Halloween is like every other normal day to us Malaysians, it's kind of entertaining how some people are trying to make it sound as if it is a big deal and worth declaring a public holiday of. As if they celebrated Halloween all along. When the truth is that most of their 31st Octobers are actually spent at a mamak joint.
Enough about Halloween. I want to tell you about the great and fulfilling weekend that I had. Last Saturday was spent by me being busy rushing off to places to get ready for my firm's annual dinner. Morning was spent hunting for a preferably black-and-red shawl, so off me and my mom to Chowrasta Bazaar to check out the cheap stuffs they have to offer there. At last I bought a red shawl which cost me RM15 only, compared to the one I had been eyeing at Queensbay Mall which cost a whopping RM199. Nasib baik tak beli yang mahal haha. So, while we were at Penang Road, as usual, layan air sarbat and cucur udang Chowrasta dulu laa...hehehe.
The rest of the preparation for the annual dinner...was a bit disastrous. Somehow I over-budgeted the time for me to get ready. The dinner was supposed to start at 6.30pm but only at 3.45pm I went to the salon to get my hair washed and blew. Being Malaysians, my appointment was ignored of, so I when went there they made me wait. And waiting (at that moment, or any other moment for that matter) is something I cannot afford, as I need to see my mak andam somewhere around 4.30pm. So when I checked with the mak andam, she said that I might have to forget about my face being done by her. So sad and dissappointed! I'm not that good at applying make-ups!
Shouldn't have gone to the salon! Cuz after all the long shampooing, massaging, washing and blowing, my hair looked like as if nothing has been done to it at all. I think I can do better than those people at the D' View salon. Don't ever go there, people. I ban the salon forever and ever. And they made me late for my make-up appointment. Therefore, I went to the annual dinner looking like how I normally would look on my shopping days.
And I did not get the 32" Samsung LCD Screen TV. All I got is a Tupperware. Don't ask me how it looks like.
And the food is pretty lousy. Well, I might enjoy it without the corset that I am wearing. My back felt like breaking into two!!!! So I left right after the dinner. Cannot tahan the pain! Killed my mood to act cute in front of the camera.
The next morning was supposed to be my flight to KL. And I woke up late, but luckily enough I managed to get to the airport in time. So while waiting for the flight I put on my contact lenses - unfortunately one of them got inside my eyelids and behind my eyeball! Panic attack! That was the second time it happened to me. So during the flight I was trying so hard, massage2 my right eyeball so that the lense will show itself. Right before landing, it did. Phew. Lucky. If not maybe I will get eye cancer (is there such disease?). Thank God.
So after touch down, off I went to Fadh's wedding at Masjid al-Mukarramah, Bandar Sri Damansara. Reached there about 11.30am, and I was there rather early to witness the solemnisation ceremony. Fadh looked really beautiful, and all in all it was a very happy and fulfilling ceremony, though a bit sad la kan. There goes another friend of mine into marriagedom... To my dearest friend Fadh, and hubby Thani, congratulations to the both of you. This is what you have always dreamed of and I am happy that it finally happens. And thanks for doakan I :) Will miss our single moments together...
OK, so the wedding reception. Good food (dah lama tak makan nasi kenduri) and great friends (was expecting more friends to attend but the ones who came were enough to make my trip to KL worthwhile). Though the sun had no mercy on us (my face looked like gred A belacan) we had a good time. Pinky, Dino, Din, Amir, Shammy, Rafiq and family, Roho and others, it was awesome to be able to hang out and laugh again. And I really want to applaud my Dear who made an effort to make an appearance as well (kenduri kahwin wajib attend tau kalau dijemput!).
All in all, it was a happy but rather tiring day. From 11.30am I ended up staying until the reception ended at about 4.30pm. So, the rest of the day was spent resting and bonding with my Dear.
The next morning was my flight back to Penang - thanks to my Dear whom willingly waited up an unexpected 2 hours due to the flight delay. Not to mention the long sleepy drive to LCC Terminal. AirAsia - Now everyone can fly late!
So, not a smooth-sailing weekend that I had but I enjoyed every moment of it :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment