I have this thing about Chinese with their perasan English names.
I can live peacefully with Jeremy Chan, Sharon Tan, Jason Lim, Alex Khoo, Sarah Cheng (surnames are randomly attached for illustration purposes).
But when it comes to Angel Lee, Barbie Chow, Rachel Angie Lim (this one takes the cake-apa kau ingat kau ni Hollywood star?), Apple Wong (if your mom's called Gwyneth Paltrow, silakan), Donovan, Tristan (omg are you like a Roman warrior in your past life?), Summer. There was this lady at my previous workplace, called Honey Tan or Teh or something. I won't complain if she is a sweet and pleasant lady. The thing is, her face is always sulky and she can be very mean! I got scolded by her once, without any good reason. And you call yourself Honey?
I bumped into a guy who called himself Bacfree Lim (bacteria-free; get it?) Cuz he sells those RO water filter thingy.
Oh, I noticed that there is this obsession amongst the girls with the name that sounds something like "Reen" or "Lynn" at the end. Like Cherlynn, Shareen, Charlene. Bestnya bulih pilih nama sedap2 kalau tak suka nama mak bapak bagi.
Macam ni I pun nak la....glamour sikitttt...
Eh, but I'm not a racist tau...far from it!!
Dah dah....pi sambung buat kerja tu....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


Ha betui2..i ingat i sorang je rasa mcm tu. Angel tu ok la if its from the name Angelina. Cos there was someone from our office yg nama mcm tu but we called her Angel. tp kalo saja2 buh angel mmg geli aah. But the name Bacfree? urghhh..seriously? I pernah jumpa someone named Queeny..dunno la mcmana dia bleh came up with that name. I tot that Queeny tu mcm nama yg org2 saja gelar.
ReplyDeletep/s: Im not a racist too!
Babe, Angel tu bukan from Angelina. Mmg x boleh blah lgsg. OMG Queeny? Ingat cute la tu...
ReplyDelete