Saturday, September 6, 2008

For Richer Or Poorer

Finally after servicing (slaving?) for my firm for a year, I got promoted yesterday. We all were given our promotion letters after an "open session" with the Partners (fyi, the "open session" is more like a Q&A session which is held annually and at this event the staffs are allowed to ask anything, to complain and menghentam the management kalau tak puas hati about anything at all regarding the firm).

Yesterday, the excitement was in the air since we were told earlier that the management is going to revise our salary, in order to be at par with the other Big 4 firms, seems like we are being left behind in terms of staff remuneration. So when each of us got our "surat keramat", masing-masing punya la excited nak tengok berapakah salary revision kitorang. If to be at least at par with a particular leading Big 4 firm, our salary revision should be agak sedap jugak la. But then bila bukak aje surat tu...aiseh...my heart dropped to the floor. In disappointment, mind you. The increment is not like what all of us had hoped, or expected. But the thing that had left us feeling really sad is the fact that there is not much difference in the salary of the experienced junior associate (with >1 year experience) and the fresh junior associate without any experience. That left us all reeled in anger, it got us to think whether the experienced junior associates group is of any importance to the firm. And it was yesterday that I heard some of my colleagues are planning to leave the firm already...due to this reason. Haih...I am going to lose some colleagues whom are very dear to me... So last night a bunch of us went out for drinks and bi@tch about the unhappiness in our hearts. Hidup ini tidak selalunya indah. Well, to look on the bright side, at least I got promoted... Being human beings we aren't always thankful unless we compare ourselves to those who are less fortunate than us, not to those who are superior than us...

On the other hand, it has been raining in the evenings for a week now, it is difficult for yours truly to go for her evening run. Macam mana nak turunkan berat badan in time for annual dinner ni? Hmm... Which reminds me that I still yet to decide on what to wear (or to "become") for that night. The theme is "Hollywood Glitz", I think the idea is to come dressed as any of your favourite movie character, that includes Walt Disney's.

Though it is raining for the whole day today (seriously I hate rainy days), it's quite a productive day today. Well, if you call buying 6 pieces of top and a pair of pants productive, haha! But Parkson offers a really good deal today! 50% plus additional 40% discount. Can anyone tell it to my face that it is not a good bargain?? I just love the happiness of carrying around shopping bags!

Off to iftar now. Toodles!

No comments:

Post a Comment