Sunday, March 22, 2009

Marley & Me?


Last week I was assigned for an audit which took place at this Ang Mor's (Hokkien word for Mat Saleh) bungalow in Tanjung Bungah. This Ang Mor is actually a Dutch, he's been around in the country for almost 15 years (info that I mixed and matched and thus came up this conclusion), and him and his wife could understand, and speak Malay, Hokkien and Mandarin. Not too sure about Tamil though.


Anyway before I went to their place I was warned by colleagues who were there in the prior year, that there will be a really friendly and hyperactive dog which would run around the house and play with you (habis la aku nak kena samak satu badan) and cats which are just too lazy and would sleep the whole day on the queen-size bed. The cats I'm OK but the dog?!!! I have always been so scared of dogs and have never been in a close proximity to one. To imagine letting myself in the house compound before the barking dog...nak mintak tukar engagement tak berani la pulak...belum jadi senior dah nak defy management's staff planning...they must have put me there for a reason...


So when I went there with a junior, I warned her that I might be hiding behind her la, after all she is a Chinese, she can't be afraid of dogs can she? Sekali dia lagi takut dari aku da...when we arrived I was horrific to see that there was not only one, but two dogs!! Kalau setakat chihuahua or poodle or type yang cute2 tu tak la takut sangat...tapi yang ni besar gila...I don't know the breed la tapi but definitely not Rottweiler...if Rottweiler then I will start enjin kereta and patah balik rumah dah la...


Anyway the dogs menyalak kat we all macam muka we all ni macam orang pecah rumah!!! Oh tidak...Takut betul...bukak je pintu pagar tu, I was frozen...the dogs ran towards us...dalam hati ni berdoa memang tak ingat la, jangan la bagi anjing2 ni gigit aku...ye la since kecik lagi my perception towards dogs is that they bite. Bite dengan ganasnya!
Surprisingly the dogs tak gigit...they ran towards us then stopped to sniff at my legs, or rather, my long pants. Berlegar-legar kat sekeliling my legs and ikut sampai masuk rumah. When we were working, the dogs would occasionally come and visit us. Apa pun jangan lompat naik atas riba aku sudah...

Last week was the first time I ever let dogs to get so near to me. And I overcame my fear by walking into a house of barking dogs...selalunya bila lalu depan rumah orang yg bela anjing yang menyalak like crazy, selalu kesiankan kat visitors yang datang to that house...now that I experienced it...it isn't much of a nightmare...


But then at the end of the week...penat nya nak kena samak all my pants!!

No comments:

Post a Comment