Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Engaging Engagement

Maybe I wrote too briefly about my engagement day in my previous entry. So this time around I am going to elaborate more on that memorable event.

Things That Keep Me Contented

1. My pretty pink dress :) When I first bought the lace cloth I sulked over it cuz I thought it looked a bit "kels" or "kaf lam", but bila dah jadi baju many people commented that it looks nice so I am happy :) but I forked out quite a sum of money on it la :(

2. My makeup - At first when I had a glance at my face after being made up, I was a bit horrific - why la my eyes dikalerkan turquoise when my dress is pink? But then if my eyes warna pink of course they won't stand out rite? Plus I don't want to look like macam mata kena sengat nyamuk pulak. So to my "Dik Andam" i.e. Jumie - thanks for the great job! :) Anyone who want her for make-up can ask me, I can forward you her number :) Tapi yang paling penting - tunang cakap I look beautiful!! Perlu.....

3. The food - I was the one who suggested to serve the guests with nasik lauk kampung, rather than nasik beriani and those yang rather fattening. Layan je makan nasik lauk kampung with ulam, sambal, siap ada teh tarik lagi. Wah!

4. The crowd - To Anis who took leave just to come back to Penang to be with me, my aunts and uncles who made the effort to meramaikan majlis dan tolong2 siapkan hantaran, orang-orang masjid yang tolong datang baca doa untuk memberkati majlis pertunangan dan juga doa selamat to my mom yang officially turned 50 the day before - huhu! Also to my family yang berkejaran ke seluruh pelosok Penang cari daun sirih la, talam, mangkuk, serviette, buah-buahan, dan macam-macam la benda yang entah nak buat apa tah. Also to the guests i.e. fiance, his family and relatives - I am so happy to get to know each and everyone of you :)

5. Crystal bowl - Special thanks to Kak Eli yang berpenat lelah pi Pekan Kuah, Langkawi dan membungkus sebijik mangkuk kristal dan chocolate Ferrero Rocher kegemaranku. Sambil2 susun dalam hantaran sempat jugak 2-3 bijik masuk dalam mulut :D FYI, the crystal bowl is to put some sugar untuk disuapkan for me lepas sarung cincin. Only orang Penang yang amalkan benda ni, the reason being supaya stay sweet and maintain cute sampai hari kahwin nanti. Emm...boleh ke camtu?

6. My simple but nice engagement ring that I chose myself, approved by fiance and his parents (I suppose?) No thanks to my fiance yang sengaja sakatkan I cakap his parents bought me ring yang sesuai diletakkan di hidung lembu. *dush*



Things I Wish They Do Not Exist During The Event
1. Hantaranku yang sangat "kels"!!! Wish I can turn back time and re-do those horrific dangling pinkish...things laid out in front of me!! Please get them out of my sight! Don't want to comment further! But the cupcakes in the hantaran are quite cute. Though the cuteness ruined by the hantarans.

2. Pelamin yang also macam "kels"! Oh no...but I guess not that bad la...Though it is bad, actually. Get it out of my sight also!

3. The hot weather - thanks to the sunshine that I love (yes I would choose sunshine over rainy days anytime) that I sweated! Did not really ruin my makeup though but I was a bit uncomfortable.

4. Alif - My 3 year-old newphew yang sangat buas dan merosakkan banyak gambar2 ku! Especially the most important part where fiance's mom nak sarungkan cincin - si Alif baik punya parking berdiri tengah2 sambil menjenguk kepala - ruined! Big time! :(

OK la tak nak comment banyak2. Bersyukur yang majlis berjalan lancar, hope to improve things on the upcoming solemnisation and reception nanti :) Nak buat macam mana, wish I involve myself further on the preparation, just that it is a bad time for someone who is in the audit line like me. Tu pun nasib baik dapat get away for a day to bertunang. Next day on a beautiful Sunday I spent whole 9 hours in the office. Haih.

1 comment:

  1. Ι love the actual odourless tеchnology found in Bull Smoκe e cigs.
    They are сompletely ԁifferent from regular cigs.
    They may bе easy to usе, light іn weіght, and аlso, comе in diffeгent tаstes.
    Isn't this phenomenal!

    Feel free to surf to my weblog ... wiki.bestseoguide.org

    ReplyDelete