Sunday, August 31, 2008

Sahaja aku berpuasa...

Selamat menyambut bulan Ramadhan al-Mubarak to all Muslim readers. Semoga bulan yang mulia ini membawa seribu keberkatan, semoga kita berupaya mengerjakan sebanyak mungkin ibadah kepada-Nya dan yang penting sekali, semoga ibadah kita diterima oleh Allah SWT.

I am pretty excited with the arrival of the holy month of Ramadhan, for I have always feel at ease and peace it usually brings. I marvel at the thought of how easy it feels not to think about food at every minute of the day when you are fasting and got your niat right. I think that if you think of fasting as an ibadah to Allah SWT and that you are ikhlas about it and not think that fasting is just merely not being able to go out for lunch with your friends and munch on snacks, you won't feel hungry at all. In fact you will cruise on throughout the day easily, moreover energetically since you are not lethargic with that full plate of chicken briyani you just gulped down for lunch. And, not to mention te possibilty of being on the right side of the weighing scale (provided you don't overindulge during iftar!).

So yeah, I am looking forward for Ramadhan. Though I pray hard that the job I'm assigned to for the next whole month won't be too taxing on the time. Kalau tak macam mana nak pegi solat terawih ni? Dah le tak dapat menyambut hari pertama puasa, so I miss the first solat terawih. Sedihnya... It's ironic, when I was in London almost every night I went for the solat terawih at the surau. Ni bila dah kat negara sendiri, susah nya nak pegi walaupun half of a week. Tapi, kali ni, ada je masa, I berazam nak pegi. Lagipun masjid belakang rumah aje. Jalan pun tak sampai 3 minit, cuma nak atau tak nak je. Tapi ye lah, hopefully I won't be so busy with work! :

Tadi pegi Giant to buy groceries, to stock up for the fasting month. Punya lah ramai manusia dekat Giant tu, semua orang pun tolak trolley so it was kind of difficult to walk through the small isles. The trolleys, the patrons who purposely stand in the middle of the aisle, howling kids on the floor crying for his favourite candy... Semua orang pun borong groceries berlambak-lambak, haih nak rasa geram pun tak patut la because I was there with the same mission as them.

Anyway, hope I can lose some weight during this fasting month. But then I was thinking, how can I go for my run or hike during this one month...mesti terjelepok punya...unless I start my run at 7-ish, then balik terus buka puasa minum air sepuas-puas hati... Or an alternative is to try other forms of exercise, maybe skipping ke, lepas buka puasa. Nak jog malam-malam, tak berani la pulak nak pergi park or the field. I guess I might try skipping la kot. Plus, solat terawih is a form of exercise, apetah lagi ustaz kat masjid belakang rumah ni baca cepat giler, tak terkejar dia sometimes hehe... Till next time, selamat bersahur esok! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment