Sunday, March 28, 2010

Weekend Mania

What a totally work-free weekend.

On Saturday went running (or rather, walking) with Hubbs at the Lake Garden. It's a great place to go for a run...somehow it reminds me of the Hyde Park in London...and Lake Garden is huge...Takde la kena jog in circles...boring tau...And I found out you can do water activities there, e.g. rowing, canoeing, surf bikes and yang kayuh2 ada bumbung tu...and so cheap too! RM3/person for 30mins...Will probably try the rowing next weekend. After that we excitedly went to eat nasik lemak Tanglin (it's within the Lake Garden, opp. the Govt Clinic) - only to find out that the one we ate was kedai sebelah punya!!! Tu la makan thru order lagi. Lain kali beratur sendiri. Patut la rasa tak sedap semacam... :(

Balik rumah I did some household chores; sapu & mop lantai, basuh baju, masak sayur. Haha. Nak masak bombastik tak reti la kan. Tolong2 potong bawang bulih la... Kesiannya my FMIL dapat menantu macam ni *tsk*

Then went to MV for a little shopping with my child (teen?)hood friend. I wanted to get some work attires...but could not find nice ones...just bought one piece. And managed to grab a couple of running pants.

At night went out on a date with Hubbs at KLCC, had dinner at Sakae Sushi. Yums! But was still full from brekky and lunch. And oh, it was Earth Hour too. Was a bit surprised to hear ppl making announcement at Suria KLCC, when we saw the lights were dimmed only we remembered it was Earth Hour. Hubbs is so AGAINST the Earth Hour. Don't ask me why. Him and his anti-mainstream thinking. Part of the reason why we were at Sakae Sushi, cuz the restaurant was most brightly-lit than the other restaurants. LOL.

Then comes Sunday.

Ah... Woke up early for a run. Did not wake Hubbs up (thought he needed the rest and plus, if he comes along means I would have to walk, again - Sorry Bee, huhuhu). Had a pleasant run but today the Lake Garden was a bit noisy due to some marathon event so there were canopies with loud music. Grr.

Went back home, had brekky (can't eat nasik lemak again - ate sooo much yesterday so today I vowed to eat healthily) and MIL asked Hubbs to mow the lawn. He was a bit malas2 but I volunteered to help. Teringin nak guna mesin potong rumput... And so we mowed the lawn... Had fun! I donned a straw hat which I found in the store, Hubbs thinks I looked like Cina Bukit. Sigh. What else is new?

Lunch...oh this is awesome. Had the yummiest and tastiest lunch ever. We have been wanting to try out the Mendy rice (some Yemeni food) recommended by a friend at Hadramawt, a Yemeni restaurant. So today (since dapat gaji and all, why not belanja FMIL kan, plus yours truly tak reti masak haha) we went to Hadramawt to bungkus. One portion can feed 2-3 orang I tell you, banyak! Even it is pricey, you only buy half of the number of people.

And sangat sedap...bak kata FIL, sedap sampai nak menangis...Masa makan tu tak tau berapa kali perkataan sedap keluar. LOL. Sila lah try... (hope ada balance nasik tu untuk makan esok heheh).

Kesimpulannya, it's really a work-free weekend.

Which means, the whole week must work macam orang gila. OMG.

Nak lari dari kegilaan ini!!! Help!!

2 comments:

  1. haha..sedap sampai nak nangis?? so funny sampai nak nangis..;p. It was work-free weekend and sounded like u had fun..xpe kot kalo keje the whole week mcm org gila since YOU ARE suppose to work kan? unlike me, i spent the whole 7 days working..gila ahh! Hope can spend quality time with hubs this coming weekend..cant wait!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ida don't work too hard. Put a limit k. Kesian hubb amik cuti untuk u. Hehe.

    ReplyDelete