Thursday, November 26, 2009

Inai

Oh, the simplicity of it!

Probably I'm just gonna go with the simple henna on my fingers. So I went for an afternoon walk at the Little India; the long rows of Indian shops along the King Street and Queen Street of Penang for an instant henna.

Bought a box of powdered henna, made 100% of grounded henna leaves. I tried experimenting on my little pinky couple of days back. Below is the result:

Dark-orangey

I left the henna on for about one and half hour. I only prepared the henna mixture with air paip. The colour is not that bad right? Though I prefer it if it is a bit darker and more reddish. Jadi bagaimanakah caranya untuk bagi warna inai menjadi lebih terang? I googled some tips online, and below are a few petua:

i) Mix the concoction with air teh yg dibancuh pekat instead of air paip
ii) Put in some drops of pewarna (merah)
iii) Put a few butir of nasi in the concoction, so that the henna will stick easily to ur fingers
iv) When the henna on ur fingers is about to dry up, moisten it up with lemon juice droplets
v) Other than the lemon juice, can also consider minyak cap kapak
vi) After moisten the henna up a few times, and it's about the time to remove the henna, just peel the henna off and do not wash ur hands immediately. Lather ur hands with minyak masak first

Hm, that's all I think. Any other petua? But then again, I read somewhere that warna inai ni ikut darah seseorang tu...though I am not too sure on the relationship of the inai and the darah?

Mamak kedai told me that the inai will last for a week or so...let's see whether if it's true. I hope it can last longer than that...a month, maybe?!

To those who want a simple henna as per above, maybe can consider to put cellotape around the point of where ur henna is going to end on ur fingers. So that the henna tak comot2 or terpanjang or terpendek...

Oh by the way, here is the powdered henna that I bought for RM1.90:


But I saw at Mydin, they are selling 2 boxes of these for RM1.10 or something. Murah, kan?!

No comments:

Post a Comment