A wedding-unrelated entry. I'm sure most of you have known about the collapse of the Jaya Shopping Centre in PJ few days back, of which to date has killed 7 people.
Jaya was opened to the public more than 3 decades ago. It definitely plays a significant role in the lives of the people in PJ, and non-PJ too.
And like them, Jaya has a very special place in my heart, at that short period of time in my life, June - December 2000.
It was the first time me ever being so far away from home in Penang, to pursue my tertiary education; Jaya was the place I seek refuge. I would go alone to the shopping centre, look at the things me and my family would always shop back home, just to comfort my silent cry of homesickness.
Facing the harsh reality of the world tanpa keluarga di sisi. Makan, basuh baju, kemas bilik, semua kena buat sendiri. Time tu jugak la nak kena buat kawan, trying to bond with people, study benda2 baru and in English pulak. Nak call parents guna handphone pulak sangat mahal. Public phone, panjang aja queue nya.
Jaya was also the place that me and my first few uni friends would hang out after class and on weekends, friends whom I hold dear right until today.
It was the place which witnessed my first "blind date" with a guy which was also my first date ever. It was sweet and memorable, and the guy was damn cute! (Nota buat Encik Ide: Sila tutup mata anda apabila membaca ayat terakhir itu heee)
So many other memories associated with Jaya but the above are the momentous ones. It is sad that I could not go back to the place and reminisce them...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


Sha.. cute in pink tho (glowing ^^v).. tatawu pon that place had witnessed so much cool memories of u.. hehe..
ReplyDelete-dynosaur-
I don't think will ever wear pink for the next few months huu...yea Dinu, Jaya is so memorable to me...my sweet memories while in UIA :)
ReplyDelete