Tuesday, April 21, 2009

The Woman Who Shut Up Simon Cowell - ABC News


I don't know if anyone of you here has heard of Susan Boyle. She auditioned for this year's British Got Talent and was featured in the 1st round in one of Britain's most popular reality TV shows.

Well, before she sang, both the audience and the judges were very sarcastic towards her, I guess it is because her unpolished appearance which was off-putting, and her awkwardness. I think all of the audience were against her. Some even rolled their eyes when she said that she wanted to be a professional singer. But once she started to sing - I think she has the most beautiful voice ever...it just goes out and touches your heart when she sang "I Dreamed A Dream", featured in a hit musical Les Miserables. (ps: I've seen the musical Les Miserables but can't remember the song, hehe).

Click here to see Susan's audition. It's viewed by millions of people, the number is going up day by day.

Needless to say, she received standing ovation from the audience who were clearly in awe of her performance and she garnered yes-votes from all the 3 judges.

The thing about Susan Boyle is, you really would not expect that she possesses such talent, judging from her outlook itself. To me, she looks like those elderly village ladies whom you can see pushing trolleys at the weekend market. Someone whom you would never give a second look at. Well, she is a 40-something year old woman from some unknown village in Scotland...

The saying never judge a book by its cover, it is so true... To quote Susan when asked about the audience's reactions before she started singing, "Modern society is too quick to judge people on their appearances. There is not much you can do about it; it is the way they think; it is the way they are. But maybe this could teach them a lesson, or set an example." You taught me a lesson, Susan.

But today I read in the newspaper, some sick-minded j@ck@$$es are trying to get a bid to film her losing her virginity! It's outrageous! She portrays the image of innocence and pureness, I just don't understand how some people are so sick to come up with this, or even think of it!

What has the world has gotten to? Rasa nak demam bila baca kisah-kisah macam ni...

No comments:

Post a Comment