It's 2 days into my maternity leave today - you know what they say - time to put your feet up! Indeed I am, for I have been on the move like for almost a year ever since I started work.Workload never ease up like we hoped to when we first started the team. Right up to my 36th week of pregnancy I've been doing late nights, definitely worse than when I was in practice back home. It is worse during the wintry days - snow, sleet, heavy fog, frost, subzero temperatures... you left the house in the morning and came home when it was pitch black outside.
Oh, winter is the worst if you have to go out and about. Last winter 2010 I was a housewife, the cold days made me dug deeper into the duvet, I even embraced the biting cold weather.
This year I repeatedly wish that I could stay longer in the duvet when the alarm ticked off in the morning, groaning at the thought of entering the cold bathroom, kitchen, and brace the rush of cold air to your face when you step out the door...
Worse, if your car is frozen in frost! To scrape the ice off the windscreen... only to find out you have to do it again in the evening in the dark at the office carpark. Painful times...
But yay - no more of those now! I declare everyday is duvet day from now on...
At least for the next 3 weeks or so - before the little one arrives!
Despite all that, I thank God that my pregnancy is an easy one, it did not hinder me to go through all the wintry challenges...
Throughout my pregnancy I did not throw up once, able to go for a road trip where most of the time I was on foot when I was 7 months, feet were never swollen, cramps are a rarity, never experienced heartburn, one of the lucky lots who has got no 'mommy marks' on the tummy, each midwife visit was very quick and satisfactory - midwife even asked if I am a sportswoman (you sure?!).
I just pray hard that labour will be as easy as my pregnancy insha Allah.
Reading up on hypnobirthing and gentle birth... one can always wish for a manageable and self-controlled labour.
I wish I have the courage to try for home birth... maybe next time round!


insya allah dear.. may allah make your labour easy and smooth..amin. take care and see you soon :)
ReplyDelete