Monday, September 26, 2011

Red-Blooded

Pic googled

I hate having my blood sample taken. I am such a wuss and such a scaredy-cat. I had my blood sample taken for the first time few years ago and half of my arm went blue. I have nasty veins and I never donated any blood because I don't like the sight of it.

And now I have to have my blood samples taken many times by the midwife. The first time the midwife took my blood sample there were 4 bottles she had to fill in, she was swaying my arm up and down to increase the flow into the ugly bottles! At first I showed her my almost non-existent vein and she said 'my that was a tough one, we will make a few tries on the vein if not we will refer you to the Blood Department they are the experts'. You can imagine my horrific face.

But she was quite an elderly midwife and must have thousands of blood samples taken throughout her career, she got it the first try *phew*.

She was also very comforting and consoling too. I looked away the minute I rolled up my sleeve, my husband was laughing away the whole time joking about my situation with another male intern present at that time. The midwife was the only one with the kind heart *killer stare at husband*. Throughout the whole time she was saying 'Darling you are doing great' and 'Here is our supergirl' and 'Well done supergirl we are proud of you'. I feel like a 6-year old *shy* but it did help, those words :D

Even so, not looking forward for more blood tests...

*How la want to beranak later?* :-S

3 comments:

  1. Aiyoo u one scaredy-cat! Donating blood is fun...hihihi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nevermind branak time u'll never see d blood my dear...u just push...push.. n push =p

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good day! I simply would like to give an enormous thumbs up for the good
    information you’ve right here on this post.
    I can be coming again to your blog for more soon.

    Feel free to visit my webpage :: ada home improvements

    ReplyDelete