Saturday, April 9, 2011

Madness

March went by without any entries!

Thanks to those who enquired and requested for an update hu hu tak sangka ada orang rindu >.<

Yes! I have been very busy... I started my new job early March and things get on full swing from then on. From the day I start I got to move, move, move I haven't even got the time to understand the Company's background and yet I have to manage a team doing things I'm not quite familiar myself... Nightmare? Yes. So I have to learn like really quickly. Just that I have one tiny little problem. My brain has stopped functioning since last August. I haven't done any heavy-duty thinking and problem-solving since then. That's a good 6 months of brain inactivity! My daily conversation that took place in my head over the past 6 months are "harini nak makan apa?" or "apa nak masak harini?" or "cerita apa syok kat TV tah, nak check TV program sat la" or things similar to that.

It took me a while to get my brain to function like a normal working adult (not yet 100% functioning though). There are times when I stare blackly at the laptop screen...or find myself doodling during daily meetings...or yawning more than 10 times in the span of 20minutes of a teleconference...Despite all that, I seriously enjoy what I am doing. The whole exercise is very interesting, really...

Not to mention the long daily commute to work! Where I work it's 42miles (approx. 65km) from where I live. Bought a used car at the last minute and the first few weeks was a gamble really, as we do not know the service history of the car. Anything could happen on the road (they drive like mad people here), and I would not know who to call if anything should happen, for we are in a foreign country. I'm sure my husband too would not know what to do if I call him. Takkan dia nak naik bus mai kat I kat motorway pulak kan... So far it's been a month alhamdulillah nothing bad had happened. We got to get the car serviced soon, I noticed there is a problem with the fuel injector...sometimes tekan fuel pedal minyak tak masuk...scary!

Nevertheless it's a nice drive to work, the view is sooo pretty especially now that it's spring. That 1-hour drive is the time of the day when I'm lost in my thoughts or singing off-key to my favorite songs or listen to some motivational ceramah or update myself with current news or simply treat my eyes to the swanky flashy cars UK people drive... Unlike M'sia where you mostly see Protons and Peroduas... Here more like convertible Audis and BMWs and Porsches *heart melts*. Mesti syok kan drive convertible car pi balik kerja...*alamat 2 jam baru sampai ofis, mesti kena bawak slow 30mph takkan nak bawak laju2 habih melayang telekung semua LOL*

Oh yeah...I wake up early too these days...to make allowance for the 1-hour drive, and another hour to get ready *yawns* So balik rumah in the evening tu you can imagine la...mmg tumbang awal la. Nowadays I only cook express or simple meals. So, please don't be disappointed if I don't tempt you with my foodie pics ha ha ha (mcm la byk sgt masak pun). And hubby has been really sweet to cook as often as he could.

Enough updates! Here is a pic of us both enjoying spring!


Walaupun isteri dah jarang masak makanan menggemukkan, suami tetap bulat comel he he he.

3 comments:

  1. Yeah it has been a while since i heard from you. dah lama tak sembang2, catching up stories like dah terer masak apa & whatnot. I have a few stories to share too. maybe share kat blog la kot since now its like impossible for us to chat on msn like we used to..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Part dead-brain xperience tu i pon dh penah rs time jd fulltime hauswife dulu...sangap abis =p nywy,take care dear..drive carefully..tingat naik keta iswara u time br beli dulu =) p/s:i tkrindu u pon la!! =p

    ReplyDelete
  3. awww...that is so sweet of him sha! well life is all about give and take :) bila la buleh jumpa kan? cepat2 turun london! ehe ;p

    ReplyDelete