Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Spring Awakening

Hi guys,

So what does it feel like being in the last year of your twenties? Hmm...quite stressed, really, as I have not achieved several things that I have envisioned. Such as? Well, I'd rather keep it to myself. And best to believe that things happened for a reason. Good things come to people who wait...

2000 seemed not that very long ago...still remembered what I did the whole year. While waiting for SPM result me and & my good friend applied to work as waitresses at Pizza Hut Komtar (back then Komtar was still hip). So much fun we had back then working for the first time and earning own money. And spend the money of course. Not to mention the free pizzas we got, including those yang customers tak habis makan...errr OK I better not dwell into that. Wahahahahah.

Then got an offer into UIA, spent 6 months there, not happy, quitted and got into UiTM...thinking that I would be much happier, but no. Not in some remote campus off in the middle of rubber estate of Semeling. Errr...where? Yeah, you got me.

That was 2000 in a nutshell.

Oh, enough reminiscing of the past. Let's live up the future, and work hard for the benefit of it.

A serene office area...reminds me of Putrajaya, no? Putrajaya lagi cantik lah of course!
Snowdrops! A sign that spring is here :) Yehuuu, ku mau kepanasan!

More snowdrops yet to bloom

Moon in the daylight. It was a sunny weekend, but come Monday, mendung suda...

Suddenly find myself craving for lemang jepun, but they are expensive here, cheaper and more economical if you make them yourself. Sini takdak Jaya Jusco nak juai murah :( Anyway these are the raw mats for lemang jepun.

2 pot nasik of Japanese rice can make about 40pcs lemang if you cut into sizes above.

Zoom dekat sikit hehe. Only put egg, crabstick and salmon je, can't afford other fillings :S
Last one for the road...bread pudding. I now find a way to use up expired or almost-expiring bread - make them into bread pudding! (daripada tengok sebuku roti yang berkulat kehijauan dengan perasaan geli sambil menguti bahagian yang dijangkiti kulat lantas toast pehtu makan dengan butter dan jem). It's nice if you add in cinnamon powder and eat with custard (the custard was bought off the shelves but I found out its just as easy if you make if yourself)

My entries of late are more to foody entries...what to do...not much to update. Nothing interesting happens to me. We don't really travel or watch movies. Is this how it's going to be for the rest of the year? Wuarghttt what a way to end my twenties :S

2 comments:

  1. Lemang jepun. LOL!

    kak izan, cantiknya kat sana..

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my..u dah buat sushi.lepas ni blk mesia confirm jadi masterchef..dah terer masak siottt!

    ReplyDelete