Sunday, December 12, 2010

Leftover soup

To be honest, I don't really like clear soup *eekk* It's a healthier food option, of course but well why should I choose soup when I can gobble up on say, prawn mayonnaise brown bread sandwich for instance? It's healthy as well...

The other day I cooked nasik ayam and we're left with the chicken & vege soup...lots of it. I wanted to drain everything in the sink, tapi sayang la pulak...but seriously I don't want to eat that soup!

Suddenly I remembered that I had a blender (ada org baru sedekah), so I thought...why not blend them all together and make cream soup! Definitely more tasty. Add some croutons, it should taste even better.

*Google google, my soup is ready to eat*

Senang ja...org malaih punya gheja...

(1) Stale bread, drizzle olive oil over the bread and cut into small cube pieces, put in a tray and into the oven, bake for abt 10 mins or when they turn golden brown
(2) Croutons ready! (mine a bit, well, a lot hangit!). It will be harden and crunchy mcm keropok
(3) My infamous leftover vege and chicken soup - tgk pun takdak selera
(4) You can just blend the whole soup, in my case I prefer to add more potatoes and celery, cooked them first before blend them together with the leftover soup. Add like, 1/4 to 1/2 cup of milk, salt and pepper to taste
(5) Ni dah siap! Sesuai makan time winter2 sejuk gedi ni

1 comment:

  1. nice work! i pon tak pernah buat sup cenggini sbb itu hubby mahu nasi jugak ;p anyway, keep posting about this kind of entry will ya? :0

    ReplyDelete