I have been wanting to write this entry about this dear friend of mine, Erlina the Superwoman. Hmm nope she does not wear a supertight size S costume and fly in and out of Langkawi saving people in distress nor does she ever wear glasses helping her father in their farm. Why I say she is a superwoman is that she is strong physically, mentally, spiritually and emotionally, all in. And she is able to exude her aura to the people around her, influencing them all for the good. She is a good role model in a sense.
I remembered when we used to hang out when studying in Kedah some years ago, she was always able to voice out her thoughts and opinions and making them sound very convincing that you almost believe every words she say. You see, it is not about whether it is the truth or not that she is saying, it is more to being confident and sure of yourself. And Erlina is that. Needless to say, I was always terperangkap with her crazy ideas and plans. I remembered this one time on a New Year's eve, I was happily awaiting on the new year reciting some verses from the Quran in my hostel room, Erlina barged in and managed to persuade me to travel back all the way to Penang that night to celebrate the New Year's eve in Penang. Let me also inform you guys that our uni is right smack in the middle of a nowhere land and you need to travel about 25mins through a vast rubber estate/ jungle, no road side lamps, you can bump into anything, and I do mean anything, along the road.
Erlina always seem to know what she wants. She wanted a happy family, so she married her then sweetheart Masri. She knew back then that she had better options and marriage was not the only option that she has. She can always go to London, be with her mom and get a UK degree. But she thought long term and knew her priorities in life, and she did not just put herself in the picture.
Who would want to throw away a glamorous life in London and live in a kampung in a hot small little island in northern Malaysia?
However, she is doing pretty well as a wife. Then, a mother to a beautiful girl, Emilia. I don't know that you can provide so much to someone and still have enough left for another. She is a wonderful wife, and a terrific mother. There are so many things to write about what she has done, I just don't know where to start :) But the things that she did really teach me a great lesson; be really really sure of what you want, do it with all your heart and soul. Be ikhlas and insya Allah God will help you achieve. And the satisfaction will come thereafter and you will have no regrets.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment