Friday, June 6, 2008

Economoney!

Tidaklah saya beratur untuk mengepam minyak ke dalam kereta saya sebelum tengah malam 4 June lepas. Sebab saya hanya memandu kereta Proton saje, jadi kalau setakat nak save RM15 dan beratur bagaikan orang tidak ketahuan (please bear in mind time beratur tu pun minyak kereta habis jugak) jadi baik tak payah la. Boleh saja kalau nak save melalui kaedah lain misalnya berpuasa (dan save lunch money) dan kurangkan bershopping. Which makes more sense to me. But it is comforting to know I am not a kiasu person! :)

But as a consumer it is a lie to say that I am not worried with the current development in our nation, and country, to be specific. I am frustrated and angry over the new subsidy plan but I think there are a few loopholes that one can take advantage of. For an instance yesterday a colleague suggested that why not everyone just get a Proton Tiara (a 2nd hand one would only cost you for about RM1k) and then you will get a return on investment (ROI) of about RM675 per annum due to the rebate which will be given by the Government for owning a car not more than 2000cc. In 2 years, you can get back your investment capital and it is 100% guaranteed by the Government. Not a bad idea, eh?! I am sure there are more loopholes yet to be discovered as of now, and it gets people thinking whether this new subsidy plan is really a smart idea.

But for sure the new subsidy plan distorts my plan of getting a new car. Maybe I should just be content with my creaking old Proton. Or maybe, just maybe, I shall find new ways of making extra money. After all I do believe you have the right to enjoy your life.

No comments:

Post a Comment