Saturday, January 10, 2009

Blessed Year of the Cow

Why am I so lazy in updating my blog nowadays? Is this the end of my blogging days thus labelled myself as hangat-hangat tahi ayam? Hmm I hope not. Not that I am lazy. Busy, more like.

Since it has been aeons since I last wrote, let's see what has happened in between: -

1) I survived the first week of the infamous audit peak period, thanks to the tight US reporting deadline. Wow never worked this late before all the while I am in EY for the past one year. More than 12 hours staring at the computer screen, multi-tasking other errands. Though stressful as it was, I find it quite fun in the sense that we worked together as a big team (as the client is a big, established MNC) so there were many people you can talk and joke around with. Me and my colleagues amuse ourselves by making twice-a-day trips to the Koperasi everyday, almost. We bought asam, sweets, sandwiches, anything at all. I think when we the auditers came in the Koperasi's sales must have boost up by 30% or something. LOL. And thank God the client I had to deal with was very nice! Some of my colleagues were not that fortunate though. Well, like our Partner used to tell us, we are at the mercy of our clients. They pay our salary. However bitter the medicine is, swallow it with a big smile...

2) After the hectic week I pampered myself to a facial treatment session, foot reflexology and shoulder/ neck massage. Fuhhh best gila rasa badan ni. Bestnya kalau every week macam ni. Hmm ni pun courtesy of bonus yang ciput the Company bagi, this is the first time me enjoying the bonus payout, last year I joined a month too late to be eligible for it. Kasi can laa kan? ;p

3) Went to KL for Xmas hols and spent a good 5 days there! And see my Dear everyday of course! Though Dear's mom kena admitted into the hospital due to prolapse invertebrae disorder (don't know how to explain it medically but it's like sakit-sakit tulang or lenguh-lenguh due to falls or heavy activities). I was worried as it seemed very serious at that time, with ambulance came to the house and all but towards the New Year Auntie got better. Alhamdulillah...

4) When I was in KL, me, Pinky, Zamir and Kiko went for a road trip to Melaka to visit Lynn and her new-born baby Delisha! Jumpa jugak dengan Lynn akhirnya. She will be going back to London end of this month after being in Malaysia for about 5 months. It's good to see her and the baby so healthy. To think that just 5 years ago we rode on the scooter to class everyday in UiTM :) Good old times...

So...all in all...I spent most of my bonus payout. Got to save the remainder a.s.a.p.!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment